"Do you need to restructure
your business in order to
maximise its potential?"
"4 convenient office
locations - you come to
us or we come to you."
"Save time and money by
having one firm for all your
legal and accounting needs."
"We can help you on
the path to achieving
your business goals."
"Giving our clients the
best integrated legal and
Schools and Higher Education
- Most educational services are GST-free.
- Professional or trade qualification courses are GST-free.
- Supplies of food by non-profit school tuckshops may be input taxed.
- Government appropriations become subject to GST when they are provided as grants to educational institutions.
- Certain fundraising events may be input taxed.
- The sale of textbooks is subject to GST.
- Donations and “no strings” grants to schools are not subject to GST.
- Scholarships are not subject to GST.
- Sponsorships of school activities will normally be taxable.
- Memberships of student associations are taxable.
- Parents and Friends/ Citizens Associations are not required to be registered if their annual turnover is less than $150,000. This has important implications for activities such as fetes.
- Non-profit educational institutions, including government schools, may be eligible for the charitable concessions on GST-free sales, cash basis accounting and reimbursement of volunteers.
- Education Departments may register individual schools as branches. Alternatively, non-profit schools may register in their own right. The option of separate registration of part of the school’s operations may also be available.
- Outside school hours child care may be GST-free.
- Travel to and from school is taxable.
- GST applies to the services of registered contractors, but not employees.
Our dedicated team can assist you with all your accounting and GST related matters. Complete and submit the Express Enquiry form on the top right hand side of this page and we will contact you to discuss your enquiry or call us on 1300 QUINNS (1300 784 667) or on +61 2 9223 9166 to arrange an appointment.
© The Quinn Group Australia Pty Ltd ABN 86 078 526 860
The Quinn Group operates Quinn Consultants, Quinn Lawyers, Quinn Financial Planning and Quinn Financial Solutions. The Quinn Group provides related information in regard to legal, accounting and financial planning issues. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation* *other than for the acts or omissions of financial services licensees.