"Do you need to restructure
your business in order to
maximise its potential?"
"4 convenient office
locations - you come to
us or we come to you."
"Save time and money by
having one firm for all your
legal and accounting needs."
"We can help you on
the path to achieving
your business goals."
"Giving our clients the
best integrated legal and
- If you account for income tax on a cash/receipts basis, you can also account for GST on a cash basis.
- Specified health services are GST-free if they are provided by recognised professional practitioners.
- Professional advice of lawyers, accountants, etc, is taxable. Service provided to non-residents who are overseas may be GST-free in certain circumstances.
- GST returns can be prepared by certain qualified people, as well as registered tax agents.
- Professional or trade qualification courses are GST-free, but this does not extend to continuing professional development or renewal of annual practicing certificates.
- Penalties may apply for failure to disclose GST in the price.
- Professional advisers may not be liable under the scheme promoter rules if they only provide advice and do not engage in promotion.
- GST does not apply to genuine pro bono work.
- If a solicitor incurs disbursements as an agent for a client, the input tax credit is claimable by the client.
- If a solicitor receives an amount into its trust account as security for future services, there is no supply at that time.
- A professional practice may form a GST group with its service entity.
- Branch offices may be registered separately.
- Retainers entered into before 1 July 2000 will need to take GST into account if they extend beyond that date.
- The Commissioner’s information-gathering powers are limited by the doctrine of legal professional privilege.
Our dedicated team can assist you with all your accounting and GST related matters. Complete and submit the Express Enquiry form on the top right hand side of this page and we will contact you to discuss your enquiry or call us on 1300 QUINNS (1300 784 667) or on +61 2 9223 9166 to arrange an appointment.
© The Quinn Group Australia Pty Ltd ABN 86 078 526 860
The Quinn Group operates Quinn Consultants, Quinn Lawyers, Quinn Financial Planning and Quinn Financial Solutions. The Quinn Group provides related information in regard to legal, accounting and financial planning issues. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation* *other than for the acts or omissions of financial services licensees.