"Do you need to restructure
your business in order to
maximise its potential?"
"4 convenient office
locations - you come to
us or we come to you."
"Save time and money by
having one firm for all your
legal and accounting needs."
"We can help you on
the path to achieving
your business goals."
"Giving our clients the
best integrated legal and
Entertainment and Culture
- A grant is treated like a gift, and is GST-free, unless it is made in return for services.
- “No strings attached” subsidies are not subject to GST. If conditional, this may be a taxable supply by the recipient.
- Sponsorships would normally be subject to GST, as they are provided in return for advertising services.
- Hobby artists cannot register
- If items are stolen by patrons, no adjustment need be made to the input tax credit claimed for the item.
- Donations are not subject to GST, even through donors receive “tokens”
- Special rules apply to movie vouchers.
- Purchases of entertainment generally do not carry an entitlement to input tax credits.
- At art auctions, the GST inclusive or GST exclusive nature of the sale will need to be disclosed.
- Casinos do not need to issue tax invoices.
- Free shuttle bus services for patrons are GST-free.
- Gambling suppliers are subject to GST but can use a “margin” method of calculating their net GST liabilities.
- GST will be included in prizes paid by racing clubs.
- GST on sales through coin or note-operated machines is attributed to the tax period in which the machine is emptied.
- Food sold to patrons at an enclosed sporting or entertainment facility is taxable.
- Hot takeaway food is subject to GST.
- Alcoholic drinks are subject to GST, and additional taxes will apply.
- Tips are not subject to GST.
- Cover charges are subject to GST.
- GST applies to the services of registered contractors, but not employees.
- Free promotions are not subject to GST.
- No GST is payable on refunded deposits.
- GST may apply to cancellations.
- Transitional rules apply to life memberships of clubs taken out before 1 July 2000.
Our dedicated team can assist you with all your accounting and GST related matters. Complete and submit the Express Enquiry form on the top right hand side of this page and we will contact you to discuss your enquiry or call us on 1300 QUINNS (1300 784 667) or on +61 2 9223 9166 to arrange an appointment.
© The Quinn Group Australia Pty Ltd ABN 86 078 526 860
The Quinn Group operates Quinn Consultants, Quinn Lawyers, Quinn Financial Planning and Quinn Financial Solutions. The Quinn Group provides related information in regard to legal, accounting and financial planning issues. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation* *other than for the acts or omissions of financial services licensees.