"Do you need to restructure
your business in order to
maximise its potential?"
"4 convenient office
locations - you come to
us or we come to you."
"Save time and money by
having one firm for all your
legal and accounting needs."
"We can help you on
the path to achieving
your business goals."
"Giving our clients the
best integrated legal and
Contents of Recipient Created Tax Invoices
For determining net amounts for tax periods commencing on or after 1 July 2010, a recipient created tax invoice must contain a suitably modified version of the type of information required in a normal tax invoice. The precise requirements are that it must:
- It must be issued by the recipient
- It must be in an approved form
- It must contain sufficient information to enable the following to be clearly ascertained:
- The suppliers identity and ABN
- The recipients identity or ABN
- What is supplied, including quantity and price
- The extent to which each supply to which the document relates is taxable
- Date of issue
- The amount of GST payable in relation to each supply to which it relates
- That any GST Payable is payable by the supplier
- Such other matters as may be specified in regulations
- It must be clearly ascertainable from the documents that it was intended to be a recipient created tax invoice (s29-70).
The requirements differ from ordinary tax invoices by requiring that the recipient’s identity or ABN must be ascertainable, even if the total amount of supplies is less than $ 1,000. It also differs by requiring that it must be ascertainable from the document that the GST is payable by the supplier and that the document is intended to be a recipient created tax invoice
Our dedicated team can assist you with all your accounting and GST related matters. Complete and submit the Express Enquiry form on the top right hand side of this page and we will contact you to discuss your enquiry or call us on 1300 QUINNS (1300 784 667) or on +61 2 9223 9166 to arrange an appointment.
© The Quinn Group Australia Pty Ltd ABN 86 078 526 860
The Quinn Group operates Quinn Consultants, Quinn Lawyers, Quinn Financial Planning and Quinn Financial Solutions. The Quinn Group provides related information in regard to legal, accounting and financial planning issues. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation* *other than for the acts or omissions of financial services licensees.